Forum Discussions (6,497)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Best wig for swimming?

Anyone figured this out? With summer coming I'd like to take my kids to the beach and I don't want to wear my expensive human hair wig. I'd…

Started by Nadine Schwartz in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

4 Apr 29, 2010
Reply by michelle webb

Losing pigment in remaining hair, anyone else experiencing this?

I have had diffuse alopecia for about ten years. My hair was a very dark brown, and now my hair is losing it's pigment and is sort of reddi…

Started by Heather Bloom in Symptoms, treatment options, research

4 Apr 29, 2010
Reply by Alisha Jennings

New to alopecia

Okay this is me. A 26 year old female, with a beautiful 3 year old boy. Through my life there was nothing that could stop me. I jumped out…

Started by Michelle in Acceptance and coping

6 Apr 29, 2010
Reply by Carol

Working with alopecia...

When I first lost my hair, I was on a medical leave and the hair loss was something totally seperate that happened. When I returned to work…

Started by Tnabugg in Employment issues, workplace challenges

10 Apr 28, 2010
Reply by Sam Sam

yaffa vs. iwig vs. variety of lace wig vendors

Hi, I am trying to decide on what type of wig to make a larger investment in. I have a few synthetics renee of paris and henry margu and I…

Started by Joanne S in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

11 Apr 27, 2010
Reply by myem

Children Getting Connected

Hello, My 9 year old daughter would like to chat with other girls her age who have alopecia areata. She recently has lost a large area of h…

Started by Alyssa (barbara-mom) in Children with alopecia

8 Apr 27, 2010
Reply by Alyssa (barbara-mom)

Anyone try this site?>?

Hey I was wondering if anyone has purchased a full lace from www.lacewigsbeauty.com . Iv'e been think about it but just wanted to see if an…

Started by Doll in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

0 Apr 27, 2010

Eyebrow tatoos for men?

I have a friend whose 13 year old son has alopecia. He is getting shots to grow his eyebrows. But she was wondering this: would tatooed eye…

Started by Bluebird in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

12 Apr 26, 2010
Reply by Sergio

nail pitting

i've heard nail pitting is common with alopecia areata. my nails have seemed normal until this week, i have a couple of slight ridges on tw…

Started by Paula in Symptoms, treatment options, research

9 Apr 25, 2010
Reply by Lizzie

I need help telling my friends about my wig... plz help

OKAY i am finally fed up... i can not lie and pretend anymore...im tired of always wondering if my friends can tell that i am losing my hai…

Started by Ashley Garrett in Acceptance and coping

26 Apr 24, 2010
Reply by Ashley Garrett

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service