I have received a lot of interest from others on here in my involvement with the Xeljanz trials at Yale.

I thought it would be nice for everyone if I documented my progress on here. 

Xeljanz is a Jak3 inhibitor and is believed to work with alopecia by turning off the distress signal relayed by the hair follicle to the attacking immune system which is the cause of the hairs falling out. Xeljanz comes in a strength of 5mg per pill and a full box contains 60 tablets. The recommended dosage for arthritis is 1 tablet in the morning and another in the evening each day.

The trial is set in a series of stages and there are requirements before participating. These include monthly visits and blood tests every 2 weeks. Dr Brett King is absolutely fantastic and is an inspiration to me. His positivity and enthusiasm gives me the much needed hope I have craved for over a decade. I have been put on a low dose to start with which is 1 tablet every other day. My dosage has now been increased to 1 tablet every day and next month it could be increased to 2 tablets per day depending on the results. 

I have completed my first month and have already noticed my alopecia has stabilised . I have not lost any existing hairs. In addition to this I have seen little hairs growing in my chest area as well as eyebrows. Fingers crossed! To date, I have experienced no side effects.

-----------------------------

AW:  Other discussions on Xeljanz / Tofacitinib

https://alopeciaworld.com/main/search/search?q=Tofacitinib

Views: 927464

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I’m so happy you’re seeing such great results!! Happy new year!!

He looks amazing Mashloum! What a great way to start 2019!!!

It is Frida, and I want to express my appreciation feeling for your support and for the whole members 

happy new year

Thank you Mashloum- you are also a great support, especially for any parents out there looking for solutions for their kids. To give him the chance of feeling like all of his peers is something he will treasure!

congratulations on your success; your son is the youngest person I've come across to date using (I assume oral) xeljanz. 

I hope you have continued success with both regrowth and side effects, thanks for sharing!

Hi there. I'm AU for about 4 years now and I am still desperate to grow my hair back. 

I have read all about these meds that are working and I am excited. 

Only it is soooo expensive!!! How does one afford these meds .. and also I live in South Africa .. any idea of doctors who know about these meds and will help me ?

Hi Roxy, in Turkey I found it by $400

Hi Roxy!

order from Bangladesh! Frida on this site also lives in South Africa and orders from bengladesh. 

Hey Nicole,

I just placed my order.. I sent over a pm as well. 

hi Roxy, actiually I am from Australia but I highly recommend the Bangladesh generics. Most of my success has been on the Bangladesh meds and Beacon, in particular, are very customer focused. Check out your import laws as in many countries, importing for personal use is quite fine, and generally meds that’s aren’t opioid or amphetamine based are not really viewed as high priority by customs. Xeljanz is definitely a med that can’t be “abused” for recreational purposes. 

hi Frida, just have a question, for 20mg xeliganz how many Beacon would be same dose? 

Im taking 4 Beacon pills every day and wondering if it’s enough or it’s under 20 mg. 

Thanks in advance! 

Hi Shad- I think that Beacon tested in at 4.2 per pill in one batch, but I would say it would be pretty close to 5mg per tablet. You could go up to 5 tabs for a month or so to see if that helps- as long as you monitor your health closely. I have found this med to be very easy on my system- I know some people struggle - any increase above 20 mgs I reckon should be done only for a pre- set time, with a view to come down to 20 in the long run.  The main indication of your ability to cope with the medsare your blood results, and general health awareness. If you feel comfortable on your current dose and bloods are good, perhaps consider a steriod pulse. I personally feel that the generics are very good quality and a match for the original. I actually had stronger results on the generic though admittedly I think it was just my body had to build up the meds in my system- 5 months it took to see good growth and I had been on the generic for about a month when the results picked up. 

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service