Employment issues, workplace challenges (77)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Coworker with alopecia?

Just wanted to share this with everyone. I noticed a coworker yesterday during thanksgiving sale/Black Friday at Macy's she had a bald patc…

Started by mluevanos

4 Dec 6, 2014
Reply by mluevanos

Wearing a scarf to work?

Hi y'all, any feedback on my pic wearing scarf? I really need some honest feedback! I'm scared to venture out without a wig. 26 years now y…

Started by BLee

9 Oct 18, 2014
Reply by Tuesday

Alopecia and work

I recently started a new job for a well known company in their call center. When discussing the dress code, I privately talked to one of th…

Started by MsLadyT80

6 Jul 10, 2014
Reply by youarebeautiful

The joys and anxieties of regrowth

Just wondering, when is the right time to take your wig off? My hair regrew when I was about 25 but then all dropped out about 2 years late…

Started by losing_it

16 Apr 2, 2014
Reply by beautiful46

How do you react or what do you say when someone compliments you on your hair ?

Hi. I work in a primary care office & have been there for 13 years. I know a lot of the patients very well, also, my coworkers know me…

Started by Kelly

15 Feb 14, 2014
Reply by Nicky

Work environment becoming a health issue

Hello all....my name is Mike and I have been living with AU for almost 10 yrs now....in that time I've had numerous jobs all in the manufac…

Started by Mike J

2 Feb 5, 2014
Reply by michelle

Job Interview- UGH

Of course this would happen during what I call a "fallout" phase.... I am interviewing for an instructor position at a pretty huge riding p…

Started by MJ Wrick

2 Jan 13, 2014
Reply by MJ Wrick

Do I tell them?

For those that may not know me, I have ophiasis pattern aa and I'm still sporting my natural hair.  The problem is its now winter, the hair…

Started by Sunflower25

7 Dec 15, 2013
Reply by Lexi

My prob's been, not getting hired (bec of the way I look) in th 1st place!

I have never quit a job because of my Aleopecia Univiseralis, no body hair anywhere 4, 40+ yrs. However, I do wholeheartedly believe that I…

Started by Mark S. Hansen

2 Dec 10, 2013
Reply by Solange De Santis

Difficult moment

Hi Everyone, I had something happen yesterday at work that shook me up. I was standing at the desk, getting report from the person going of…

Started by Christine

16 Oct 3, 2013
Reply by buddhaz

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service