Forum Discussions (6,497)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

OMG! Oscar has it too!

Not only does the lovable Charlie Brown have alopecia, but Mr. Oscar Award as well! Check out the following excerpt from an article on Mar…

Started by rj, Co-founder in Just for fun, inspirational, motivational

0 Mar 12, 2008

How to deal with depression because of alopecia....

I have always had low self esteem. In 2003, I decided to lose weight and get healthy so I started exercising and eating right. I lost 100 p…

Started by Susan in Acceptance and coping

24 May 9, 2019
Reply by Miranda12

To tell or not to tell...

I am thirteen and kids at my age are not exactly the nicest. Who have you told? Have you told people at school? What did they say? Do they…

Started by Caroline in Children with alopecia

17 Oct 7, 2008
Reply by Nycolette

Anthralin vs Squamic Acid

My daughter's doctor recently suggested Anthralin as a next step when her skin thickens. I know that this is supposed to purposely cause an…

Started by Miranda in Symptoms, treatment options, research

1 Jun 22, 2008
Reply by Joanne

Stress from bullying cause girl to lose her hair

A teenage girl who was the victim of disgraceful bullying for three years has been left so traumatised that her hair has fallen out. Faith…

Started by rj, Co-founder in Children with alopecia

3 Mar 20, 2008
Reply by rj, Co-founder

Does Alopecia Make You Sad or Does it Give You Strength?

Hi Guys! Shemika Here, So a bit over a year ago is when I first saw my first alopecia client in person. I had been retailing [wigs] online…

Started by Shemika in Acceptance and coping

23 Mar 18, 2008
Reply by kastababy

Charlie Brown's diagnosis

Did Charlie Brown have alopecia areata or what? ;-)

Started by rj, Co-founder in Just for fun, inspirational, motivational

3 Mar 12, 2008
Reply by kastababy

Is anyone going to NAAF, Louisville?

Hi everyone I'm a very new member from the UK. I've had AU for most of my life but dealt with it alone until I came across some supportive…

Started by welshcakes in Events, publications, promoting awareness

25 Jun 17, 2008
Reply by Roger

National Alopecia Areata Registry

The National Alopecia Areata Registry (NAAR) is an organization sponsored by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the National Insti…

Started by National Alopecia Areata Registry in Symptoms, treatment options, research

2 Jan 23, 2010
Reply by JeffreySF

Tell me something good

The blog titled "More Interesting Than Your Alopecia" celebrates the rich and refreshing diversity in Alopecia World. This is an opportunit…

Started by Alopecia World in Just for fun, inspirational, motivational

16 Mar 18, 2008
Reply by BrandyLynn

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service